We specialise in Train the Trainer and Assessor Courses not only for these NEW Assessor Awards (Level 3) but also the NEW IQA Internal Quality Assurance (Level 4) Awards.
The NEW assessing qualification (CAVA) is now based on 3 units which now are divided into 4 separate Assessor Awards depending on what you need to assess.
The 3 new units are as follows:
- Unit 1 – Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment
- Unit 2 – Assess Occupational Competence in the Work Environment (replaces old A1)
- Unit 3 – Assess Vocational Skills, Knowledge and Understanding
The 3 new units are then combined to offer the following four qualifications
- Award in Understanding the principles and practices of assessment (Unit 1 – Mandatory theory unit for other awards plus also good award for managers who need to know about assessing but will not act as assessors)
- Award in Assessing Competence in the work Environment (Unit 1 + 2 Replaces old A1 for assessors in the work environment who assess nvq related courses)
- Award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement (Unit 1 + 3 This is for assessors who will assess courses not in the work environment like classroom based courses)
- Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (Unit 1 + 2 + 3. This is the full assessors certificate award for assessor who assess nvq style courses as well as classroom based courses)
Included in the cost is an assessors pack including assessment plans, handouts, questions and the assignments, so that you can start your qualification as immediately.
Award Award in Understanding the principles and practices of assessment (TAQA – AACWE – 1) – £150
Is this the correct award for me? : Yes if you need to know about assessment such as supervisors or managers, but will not need to do any practical assessing
Unit 1 Level 3 Award in Understanding the principles and practices of assessment – £150
Unit 2 Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment – £450 (includes units 1 & 2)
Is this the correct award for me? : Yes if you only need to assess candidates in their workplace on nvq/svq based courses. This award is similar to the old A1 award.
Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement-£550 (Includes unit 1,2 & 3)
Is this the correct award for me? : If you need to assess BOTH candidates in their workplace on NVQ/SVQ based courses, as well as candidates away from the work environment on courses.
These fees can be discounted if you purchase more than one registration