From September 2013 new qualifications will be available for teaching in the FE sector. The new qualifications are:
- Level 3 Award in Education and Training (QCF) – 12 credits
- Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training (QCF) – 36 credits
- Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training (QCF) – 120 credits
- Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training including a specialist pathway (QCF) – 120 credits
- Level 5 integrated specialist diplomas (QCF) – 120 credits
- Level 5 standalone specialist diplomas (QCF) – 45 credits
These are available alongside the existing qualifications and over time will replace the earlier versions.
Please note that previous qualifications will still be recognised. If you are unable to obtain these new qualifications it does not in any way prevent you from teaching in the FE sector in the future.
Further details about the new qualifications can be found on the FE Teacher and Trainer Qualifications Review 2012-2013 webpage.